Saturday, 28 November 2009
Capsicum - 4 ( Medium sized) Washed and cut into small pieces
Tomatoes - 2 ( chopped)
Water - 2 cups
Pepper - 1/2 or 1 tsp (according to spice you prefer)
Butter - 1 tsp
Cheese spread - 2 tsp
* Take a microwave bowl, add capsicum, tomatoes and 1 cup of water and microwave for 5 mins.
* Then allow it to cool.
* Then grind it mixer by adding some more water.
* Filter it, for any chunks.
* Then add the rest of the ingredients ( Milk, pepper, salt, cheese spread and butter), and microwave it for another 6- 8 mins.
The simple aned quick capsicum soup is ready. Serve hot.
Sunday, 22 November 2009
Eggplant - 1 ( Big)
Chilly powder - 1 and half tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - To taste
Ginger and garlic paste - 3 tsp (Optional)
Red food colouring - a pinch
Cornflour - 3 tsp
Rice Flour - 2 tsp
Oil - To fry
* First clean the eggplant, then cut it in thin slices as shown below.
* Then mix all other ingredients except oil and make it a paste using using.
* Then apply the prepared masala to each and every eggplant generously.
* You need not keep this in the fridge, just fry it immedietly.
* Take a pan, add oil and heat it. When the oil is hot, add the eggplant and deep fry it.
* The keep it in a plate covered with tissue to observe excess oil.
The yummy and simple eggplant fry is ready, serve hot and crispy. ( It make a good alternative for a fish fry....ahahaha). Enjoy.....
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
Cauliflower - 1/2 ( Broken into small florets)
Big Onion - 1 ( Chopped lenth wise)
Green Chilly -2 ( chopped lengthwise)
Garlic - 2 ( Chopped into small pieces)
Ginger - small piece chopped finely
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp ( Optional , You can add it if you wish it to be bit more spicy)
Salt - To taste
Oil - To fry
Corn flour water - ( 1 tsp of cornflour mixed with 1/2 cup water, if you need more gravy, then mix more accordingly)
Lime Juice - 2 - 5 drops
Soya Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Ajinomoto - a pinch
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Plain flour - 5 tsp
Cornflour - 6 -7 tsp
Red food Colouring - 2 pinch
* First cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
* Then put it in a vessel, add water and pinch of salt and cook it for 5 - 7 mins.
* Drain the water, allow it to cool.
* Then take a vessel add the plain flour, cornflour, pepper and salt, mix everything together and make it into a paste adding some water. Then add the cauliflowers in it and mix well, making sure you geenrously coat cauliflower with the mixture.
* keep it aside.
Now take a heavy bottomed pan/kadai, then add oil, add the chopped garlic and ginger pieces and fry it.
* Then add the onion and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the green chillies and fry for few mins.
* Add soya sauce, ajinomoto and cook for few more mins.
* Then add the cornflour water, and salt and cook until the mixture is thick. If you want more gravy, then add more water to it.
* Now add the food coloruing. Mix well keep it aside.
* Finally deep fry the cauliflower, and add it to the prepared mixture . ( I prefer frying the caulifower finally and adding it , just to retain its crispness)
* Then finally squeece some lime juice , and serve hot.....
Your Yummy, spicy Gobi Manchurian is ready to be served, Enjoy...