Chicken - 1 kg ( With bone) ( Washed and cleaned , and chopped in medium sized piece)
Big Onion - 2 ( Chopped )
Tomatoes - 3 - 4 ( Chopped )
Chilly powder - 1 and half tsp
Salt - To taste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 - 5 tsp
Coriander leaves - To garnish
Ginger and Garlic paste - 3 -4 tsp
Green Capsicum - 1/2 ( cut into small squares ) ( Optional)
Masala items :
Cloves - 2
Green Cardamons - 3
Cinnamon sticks - 2 - 3 ( small pieces )
* First clean the chicken, cut it into small medium pieces.
* Marinate the chicken with 1/4 chilly powder, pinch of turmeric, and 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Now tranfer it in a pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup of water and pressur cook it . ( Remember , don't add lot of water). Pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
* In the mean time, take a pan, add oil, add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
* Add the tomatoes and fry well, and then add the ginger and garlic paste.
* Now grind the mixtrue to paste ( Dont grind it to very fine paste thou)
* Then take a another kadai, add oil , and add the masala items.
* If you are adding capsicum then add it now and cook for 3 -5 mins, till they become soft.Then add the grinded mixture , and mix well.
* Now add the chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cook for few mins.
* Now add the steam cooked chicken pieces. ( If you have any water left in the pressure cooker, then add that water also to the mixture, it will really add up the taste)
* Now check for salt and add some more if needed.
* Keep cooking , by carefully mixing gently.
* Cook until all the oil starts to come out.
* At this stage add the garam masala.
Finally add the coriander leaves and serve hot..........Your Kadai chicken is ready now....Enjoy yours.
( If you prefer, then you could make it more gravy by adding more onion and tomatoes).