Chicken - 500 grm ( Boneless and skinless. Wash and clean the chicken and chop it into small pieces)
Cumin seads - 1/2 tsp
Big Onion - 1 ( chopped finely)
Sombu - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - 1 stem
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
trumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt - To taste
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Oil - 5 tsp
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
* Take the cleaned chicken in a bowl, add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, Coriander Powder , salt and yorkut. Mix all together very well.
* Keep the marianted chicken in the fridge for atleast 1/2 hr.
* In the mean while, take a pan, add oil, then add the cumin seeds, sombu and fry to few mins.
* Then add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
* Add the curry leaves and fry for few mins.
* Add the marinated chicken, and mix every thing well.
* Sprinkle some water and cook till the chicken is cooked well. ( Dont add more water, as the chicken itself leaves out some water), at this time, check for the taste.
* After the chicken is cooked well, add the coconut milk and mix well and cook until it is dry.
* Finally squeeze the lemon and mix well, and keep frying it until it becomes very dry, and the oil comes out.
Hmmm......the yummy, spicy karaikudi Kozhi varuval is ready to be served.....Enjoy yours...