Hi friends, the lamb pepper curry is another yummy dish. ( We could make use of this recipe for mutton. Because i could not get mutton , i did the same recipe with lamb...A fair play you see....). Well, this is one of Dr. Dhamodaran's, with which my mom made few changes to suit our taste. Well, here is the recipe just for you.
Lamb - 500 grms ( preferably boneless)
Grenn Onion - 2 ( Chopped finely)
Tomato - 1 ( Chopped Finely)
Cinnamon stick - 2 pieces
Cloves - 3
Ginger and Garlic Paste - 3 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 stem
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 50 ml
salt - To taste
Oil - To fry
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
* Chop the Lamb into medium size peices. Wash well with water, by adding a tsp of vinegar. This will help us to get rid of smell.
* Take apan, add oil, add the clove, cinnamon stick and fry well. Add curry leaves and fry well. Now add the onion and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the Ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears. Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry well.
* Then add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry well, by sprinkling some water.
* Now add the lamb, and mix well. Then add the pepper powder and salt and mix well.
* The lamb will start to leave water. At this stage transfer it to a pressure cooker and pressure cook it, till they becoame soft.
* After pressure cooking it, trnasfer it again to the pan and add the garam masala and fry for some more time. ( If you still have some water keep cooking it in the pan, till they become dry)
* Finally add the coriander leaves to garnsih and serve hot.
It could go well with plain rice, Chappati, Roti, Naan or Paratha........Just have it in your own way. Enjoy.