Fish - 1 kg ( Cleaned and sliced into small pieces)
Small Onion - 20 ( Preferably small onion, because it adds taste, but i often dont get in Uk, so in that case i use the big green onions) ( Chopped finely)
Garlic - 1 full ( peeled)
Curry leaves - 1 stem
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Tomato - 2 ( Chopped )
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste - 3 tsp
Tamarind juice - 3 cups ( Take a orange size tamaride and soak it in 3 cups of warm water and after little while squeece and extract the juice)
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Corinader powder - 1 tsp
Kashmire Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Oil - To fry
* Take a pan, heat oil and add the mustard, fenugreek seeds and fry. Then add the chopped garlic and onion and fry till golden brown.
* Then add the curry leaves and fry for few mins.
* Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smells disappears.
* Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry.
* Now add the tamarind juice , and then add the kashmire chilly, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
* Allow it to cook for 20 - 30 mins ( Till the oil starts to come out)
* Check for the taste. Finally add the cleaned fish and cook for another 5 mins closing the lid.
Hmmmmm......finally serve hot with plain rice........It would usually be much more taster on next day.....Just enjoy your plate.........