Tandoori chicken, the name itself makes many peoples mouth water....Hmmmmmmmmmm , including me. Its one of my very very fav dish. When my mom came to UK, i prepared this for her. With no doubt she was so pleased and impressed by the taste. And accepted me to be a real good cook. Hahaha, from then, she started to tell all her friends and relatives about my cooking talent. Hahhaaa, one of the dish that took my name a one step forward. Very glad about that. Well, the recipe is very simple, yet very very tasty. I had the step by step pictures, but i think i missed it during the data transfer from my old Laptop to the new. But hope it should be somewhere in the memory stick. But never mind, will find it soon and post the pictures for you. But today i am here to give you the recipe..........So, here is the recipe just for you..........
Chicken - 5 ( Leg pieces)
Chilly powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Ginger and garlic paste - 5 tsp
Tandoori Powder - 2 tsp ( Optional ), but if you dont manage to get, then dont worry, add 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder , and 1/2 tsp garam masala, and little bit of extra chilly powder for the spice.
Rice flour - 3 tsp
Corn flour - 5 tsp
Red colouring powder - 1/4 tsp
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Oil - to coat.
* First take the chicken pieces, and remove the skin if you perfer ( But i prefer to have it)and wash it.
* Make some cuts on to the chicken flesh ( This is just for the masala to get in.
* Noe except chicken mix all the other ingredients and make into a paste. Make it a thick paste. If it becomes watery, then add little of corn flour to make it thick paste
* Make sure the paste is sufficient to coat all the leg pieces, ( Check for spice and salt).
* Now coat each chicken leg pieces with the masala paste,making sure you apply generously , and also apply into the cuts you made on to the chicken.
* Keep it in the fridge for atleast 30 mins. ( The more time you leave is good) ( I also do this a day before my friends arrive home, and keep it in the fridge for overnight , so that the masala gets in very well)
*Now preheat the Oven at 200 degree Cel for 25 - 30 mins.
* Take the marinated chicken, keep it on the grilling tray, and keep it inside the oven and cook for 15 mins.( turning the chicken inbetween)
* Take out and coat the chicken with oil ( Using brush) and keep it in the oven for 20 mins, also turning the grill. Set the grill for high. ( Make sure you turn the chicken in between and coat it again with the oil.)
* It would take approx 30- 45 mins for the chicken to be cooked. ( But make sure you check )
Hmmmmmmmmm yummy Tandoori chicken is ready to be served hot with some fries and chilly sauce.
The red colour of the chicken is very inviting, so always make sure you make enough and store few for yourself. Hahahah.........ENJOY....