Bun ( Pav ) - 6 - 7 or even more.
Big Onion - 2 ( medium size ) ( Chopped finely)
Tomatoes - 2 ( chopped)
Potato - 1-2
Carrots - 1 ( Peeled and chopped)
Cabbage - 1/2 cup ( Chopped)
Cauliflower - 1/2 cup ( Chopped)
Green peas - 1/4 cup ( If you are using frozen then you can use it directly)
Butter - 5 tsp
Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tsp
pav bhaji masala - 2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves- 2 tsp ( Chopped)
Salt - To taste
* First take the potato and steam cook ( Then peel and mash it ) . Keep it aside.
* Then take a vessel add the carrots, peas ( If you are using fresh peas), cauliflower, cabbage together, add water and steam cook it. ( mash it roughtly) . Do not make it into paste, but mash well.
* Now take a pan, add oil and add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown. * Then add the ginger and garlic paste, pav bhaji masala and turmeric powder, mix well and fry for new more mins. ( If you could not get pav bhaji masala, but still wish to do it, then add the instead add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala....but remember do this if you really could not get pav bhaji masala at you place. It may not taste as pav bhaji masala, but could really do a good alternative) * Add the tomatoes and fry for few mins.
* Now add the mashed potatoes and the vegetables to the onion.( If you are using the frozen peas, then add it now along with the mashed vegetables) * Mix well, add 1 tsp of butter and salt to taste and mix well, and cook for 5 mins.
* Now the bhaji is ready add the chopped coriander leaves, and keep it aside in a bowl.
* Then cut all the pav( Bun) into two (horizondally). * Take another flat pan heat it and add 1 tsp butter , and now rub the buns not more than 1/2 mins. ( This is just to make the surface crisp). * Do the same for all the buns that are cut. ( Rub to the side which is cut).
* Now apply a thin layer of the bhaji to the crispy part of the bun and place the other piece to the top.Hmmmmmm...............ENJOY yours......