Chicken Biryani is a yummy dish. They are usually served with Raita or brinjal curry.
* Chcken - ½ kg (chopped)
* Onion - 2 (chopped finely)
* Tomato - 3-4 chopped
* Green chilly - 2 (chopped length wise)
* Ginger & Garlic Paste - 3 tsp
* Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
* Chilly powder - 2 tsp
* Daniya(Coriander) Powder - 3 tsp
* Salt - To taste
* Garam Masala - 1 tsp
* Basmathi Rice - 2 Tumbler
* Cardamons - 3
* Cloves - 3
* Bay leaves - 2
* Cinnamon Stick - 2 pieces
* Oil - 6-7 spoons
* Ghee - 2 spoons
* Mint leaves - little (cleaned and chopped)
* Coriander leaves - little (cleaned and chopped)
* Take a heavy bottomed vessel or even pressure cooked will be good.
* Heat the vessel, add Ghee and oil to it. Now add the cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamans and bay leaves.
* Then add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
* Add green chilly and fry for some times.
* Now add the chopped tomato and fry well ( tomato has to be fried very well)
* Then add the Ginger and Garlic Paste and fry well.
* Now add the chopped chicken and stir well. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, Dhaniya powder, little of chopped mint and coriander leaves and stir well.
* Let the chicken cook for some times ( 3 – 5 mins)
* Now add water in 1: 2 ratio (i.e – if two tumbler rice, add 4 tumbler of water)
* Let the water boil. When it is boiling well add the basmathi rice and salt. Stir well.
* Keep the lid closed. If you are doing in pressure cooker , then don’t put the wait for the lid.
* Open now-and-then, and keep stiring.
* When rice is semi- cooked add the garam masala and rest of the mint and coriander leaves and close the lid.
* When the rice is cooked, close the lid and put on the wait and switch off the stove immediately.
( If you are cooking in some other heavy bottomed vessel, keep the vessel closed with suitable
lid and keep another vessel filled with cold water over the plate. )
Garnish snd Serve hot………