King Prawn Curry is one of the dish i often prepare, because its so easy and yumm. Here is the recipe just for you.
Raw King Prawn - 500g ( Washed and cleaned)
Big onion - 2 ( Chopped finely)
Tomatoes - 2 ( Chopped)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 5 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 stem
Coriander leaves - hand ful ( Washed and cleaned)
Oil - To fry
Salt - To taste
Coriander/ dhaniya powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 - 2 tsp ( According to the spice you prefer)
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
* Take a pan, add 3 - 5 tsp of oil and 1 chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
* Then add the 1 chopped tomato and fry it well. ( Close the lid and cook till the tomato go soft and cooked).
* Then add the curry leaves, coriander leaves and fry for few mins.
* Now keep it aside till it get cool. Then grind it to fine paste adding water.
* Now take another pan, add 1 - 2 tsp of oil, and fry the felt over chopped onions and tomatoes.
* Then add the ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
* Now add the grinded paste and mix well.
* Add chilly powser, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and fry to 5 mins.
* Add 1/2 cup of water and the prawns to it and allow it to cook with the lid open and keep stiring it very often making sure it does not stick to the pan.
* Cook till the prawn is cooked ( Add water if neccessary)
* Now once the prawn is cooked the oil will start to come out. At this stage add the garam masla and mix well
Thats all the yummy King prawn curry is ready to be served. Enjoy..............
TIPS : The frozen prawn may smell more comparing to the fresh ones. So to wash such prawn add 2 tsp of vineger and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder to 1 litre of water, and wash the prawn in this. This will hep to get rid of the smell.