Basic preparation of Paneer :
*At first slice the paneer into smaller cubes.
*Then fry it in the oil till it gets golden brown.
*Then if u want the paneer to be soft ( Because few people like it in that way) then add the fried paneer into boiled water and soak it for 10 - 15 mins.
*If you like it bit harder then you can use the fried paneer directly, without soaking them in boiled water.
* Paneer - ½ kg
* Onions - 1 (slice lengthwise)
* Green chilly - 5 (sliced lengthwise)
* Ginger & Garlic - Small piece.( Sliced into very small pieces)
* Vinegar - 3 tsp
* Cornflour - ½ tsp (mix it with water to make it paste)
* Ajinomoto - ½ tsp
* Soya Sauce - ¼ tsp
* Cooking oil - 6 spoons
* Salt - To taste
* Food colouring - red or orange(Optional)
* Heat oil in an iron vessel.
* Add ginger & garlic pieces(chopped very finely) and fry well.
* Add Green chilly and fry for just 30 seconds.
* Add onions and fry till golden brown.
* Now add ½ cup water and also the vinegar and boil for 20 seconds.
* Add the corn flour paste and when the mixture thickens add salt, ajinomoto, soya sauce, food colouring and boil for few mins.
* Finally add the Paneer to the mixture and boil it for about 2-3 mins.
Garnish and serve hot.