Well ....This is another delicious dish, which is easy to prepare. This is the recipe i often make when friends arrive home. Because it is the dish we can prepare easily for more members. This goes well with Chappati, Paratas, and as a side dish for plain rice with sambar or rasam.
Aloo ( Potato) : 10
Big Onion - 2 (Chopped finely)
Tomato - 2 ( If the size is big, other wise go for 3) ( Chopped finely)
Red Chilly powder - 1 spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Dhaniya powder / Coriander powder - 1 spoon
Salt - To taste
Oil - To fry Onions and tomatoes
Garam Masala - 1 spoon
Green peas - Hand ful
* First cut the potatoes in half and pressure cooker ( Remember not for long , just leave for 2 whistle Not more than that)
* Then take it out make it cool by adding cold water , and remove the skin.
* Then if you are using Fresh Green peas, then you got it soak it for 2 hrs and cook it for atleast 1 or 2 whistle. Or otherwise it you are using forzen or cooked peas, you can use them directly.
* Now take a pan, add oil, then add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
* Then add the tomatoes and fry well.
* When onion and tomatoes are fried , add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt and fry well.
* Then add the cooked and peeled potatoes to the pan and mix well together ( remember not to mix harsly, because the potatoes are already cooked so its too tender and may go out of shape)
* Sprinkle or add water and mix carefully.
* Cook for few mins and add the green peas.
The delicious Aloo Matar is ready to taste.Garnish and serve hot...........ENJOY.
Click here for printable version of this recipe