Paneer - 250 grms
Big Onions - 2 ( chopped)
Tomatoes - 3-4
Ginger and garlic paste - 4 spoons
Oil - To fry
Chilly powder - 1 spoon
Green chilly - 1
Coriander powder - 1 spoon
Cashew nuts - 20 numbers
Water - 1 cup ( if you use milk instead of cream , just add 1/2 cup of water)
Butter - 30 grms
Garam masala - 1/2 spoon
Food colouring - orange ( few drops or pinch )
Cream - 1 cup ( optional milk ( use according to the thickness)
Salt - To taste
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Basic Preparation :
* First cut the paneer into small cubes.
* Then fry it in oil till golden brown and keep it aside. This is the basic preparation of paneer for paneer butter masala. ( if it is a fresh paneer , then you need not fry, you can just add it )
* Then take a pan add some oil, the add cumin seeds and fry for 1 min, then add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown ( Or till the raw smell disappears).
* Then add the ginger and garlic paste and fry it.
* Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry it.
* Then add chilly powder, coriander powder, and the green chilly and mix well.
* Now add the cashew nuts to it.
* Mix every thing well and add some ( 1 cup ) Water, and cook for 15 min by closing the vessel with a lid and stiring it often.
* Now switch off the stove and keep it aside to cool.
* Then once it is cooled, grind it into very fine paste.
* Then take a pan, add the butter and melt it. Then add the grinded paste. ( add water if neccessary )
*Now add salt and little bit of orange food colouring.
*Mix well, and now add the cream ( if you dont get the cream, you can add milk. But if you add cream the sauce will be silky. But if you use milk , the paneer butter masala will become bit watery , so make sure you add less water when you add water ( may be 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup)
* Now add the fried paneer to the and mix and cook for 5 mins.
* Now finally add the garam masala
WOW....your paneer butter masla is ready, you can serve it with hot naan, roti or chappati.