hi, friends, this is the recipe that i learnt from my mom. Last week, when i spoke to my mom, she told me about this recipe. She also mentioned its Mr. Dhamodaran's recipe. My mom is a great fan of Mr. Dhamodaran's recipe. The recipe sounded to be simple and different. So i felt that i should try it and see for my-self. It really came out very well in taste. The taste of pepper blending with cooked califlower was too good. Bit different too. So........if you feel bored of doing same old califlower recipes, then i would suggest you to give a try on this. And i am sure that you will love the taste.
Cauliflower - 1 ( Cut into small pieces and wash it)
Oil - 5-6 spoonsMustard - 1/2 spoon
Sombu - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly - 2 ( don't chop)
Fine pepper - 2 spoon
Onion - 1 (finely chopped )
Curry Leaves - 10 leaves
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 spoon
Dhaniya Powder - 1/2 spoon
Green chillies - 1 ( chopped length wise)
Salt - As per taste.
* At first its always good to put the cutted cauliflower in a vessel of water and little bit of salt. And boil them for 15 mins. In this way you will be able to kill the germs in it. And at the same time cauliflower will be cooked to0.
*Take a pan, add oil. When the oil is heated add the mustard, sombu, Red chilly( dont chop, add just like that ) and curry leaves and fry it.
*Add onion ( Small onion will add taste, so try to get it if possible). Fry till golden brown.
* Then add Dhaniya Powder and turmeric powder and mix well and fry it.
*Then add the 2 green chilly ( Chopped length wise) and fry it .
*Now add the califlower and mix well.
* Sprinkle or add some water and salt. Make sure the cauliflower is cooked.
* After califlower is cooked well smatch it and add the pepper powder and mix well.
* Thats all the califlower pepper fry is ready.
Now garnish and serve hot.........ENJOY.
Click here for printable version of this recipe